A A A | change contrast | Site map | language: pl en de | rss ico-rss | ico-bip
logo-sroda-wlkp
You are here:

Nowe Miasto nad Wartą

Commune Hall

ul.Poznańska 14, 63-040 Nowe Miasto n. Wartą

tel. 061 287 40 06, faks 061 287 40 14

urzad@gmina-nowe-miasto.pl

http://www.gmina-nowe-miasto.pl/

 

For the first time Nowe Miasto nad Wartą was mentioned in 1283. It lost civic rights in 1934. The commune’s landscape is very attractive for tourists. Its eastern part includes a nature reserve “Dębno” which is a part of Żerkowsko-Czeszewski Landscape Park.

 

There are many historic monuments in this commune. North-west of the Market Square there is a gothic, three-nave, hall parish Church of the Holy Trinity from the 15th century. In Dębno village there is an eye-catching gothic Church of the Assumption of the Holiest Virgin Mary built between 1444 and 1447. By the church there is a Classic chapel from 1829 and presbytery from 1838.

 

In the commune there is village Klęka that in the 19th century was owned by one of the creators of anti-Polish Hakata organization- Herman Kennemann. He built in 1870’s a huge Neo-Renaissance palace, one of 6 complexes of parks and palaces in the commune.



baner300x250