A A A | change contrast | Site map | language: pl en de | rss ico-rss | ico-bip
logo-sroda-wlkp
You are here:

Winna Góra - Miłosław - Winna Góra.

Blue and black trail – 7.7 km

It runs at the boundary of the Środa and Września Counties through the areas associated with the life of the General Jan Henryk Dąbrowski and the events of the Springtide of Nations in 1848. We start our trip in Winna Góra, a former property of the General J.H. Dąbrowski. We first visit the Museum of J.H. Dąbrowski in the Neo-Classicist palace (after pre-booking - tel. +48 61/ 28-51-277). Later, a short walk in the park featuring a boulder commemorating the General as well as a pond with a small island (with a small monument featuring an urn bearing the heart of the General’s adjutant), further on we walk into a church with a grave chapel of the General J. H. Dąbrowski (built in 1863) with a magnificent sarcophagus. We go back to the road and head towards Miłosław reaching the blue trail on the right. We follow the blue trail and after over 2 km we cross a railway track nearby the Miłosław railway station at the Gniezno – Jarocin line. Here, we come across a black trail, which leads us through the town. Walking the Dworcowa and Wrzesińska Streets we get to the old Market Square, called the Wiosny Ludów Square. The Bazaar building is on the right with a modest plaque commemorating the hard-fought battles in 1848 and in the background of the square (on the left) there is a boulder– monument from 1982 to the "Children of Miłosław fighting for Polish language". Further on we enter the Zamkowa Street, on the left we pass a monument commemorating the 100th anniversary of the Springtide of Nations, unveiled in 1948 in a palace park, moved to this place in 1995. Next to it, there is the St. Jacob Church from about 1620, rebuilt in the 19th and the 20th century, provided with the Neo-Gothic belfry from the 19th century. A bit further, by a church wall, a monument to the scythemen of Miłosław with a figure of St. Laurence, reconstructed in 1998. It is a small monument on a square with the information board that the scythemen of Miłosław were killed during the battle on 30 April 1848. Next to it, there is an old school with a plaque devoted to the children on strike in periods 1901-04 and 1906-07. Modest Museum of the Miłosław Land in the former Post-Evangelical church from 1870-1871 are situated opposite the street. We reach the magnificent gate of a park, which features a palace extended in the 19th century, the former residence of Mielżyński family, later Kościelski family, burnt in 1945 and rebuilt between 1963 and 1969. Nowadays it houses a school. From the palace we go down the stony stairs into the hornbeam alley reaching the end of the black trail. We reach the blue trail on the left, which leads us to the end of the trip. The broad palace park has an area of 37.80 hectares. The first monument to Juliusz Słowacki, situated by a broad meadow, was established in 1899. It is the first such monument unveiled in Poland, the work of Władysław Marcinkowski. Next to it, there is a monumental oak (680 cm tree girth), called Słowacki Oak. From here the trail leads us to the side exit from the park to the Poznańska Street and then we walk the Mostowa Street and reach a railway viaduct. Just behind it we go down to the valley of the River Miłosławka and heading west through meadows and along fishponds we get to a forest margin. Here, we turn right and after around 200 m enter the forested ridge of the Miłosławski Ester, locally called Winne Góry (103 meters above see level). Further on we turn right and go down and after walking out of a forest, we walk a horse chestnut alley towards the Miłosław - Środa Wlkp. route featuring grange facilities of Winna Góra. We now leave the trail by going left and end the trip at the PKS bus stop in Winna Góra.

baner300x250